Associate/Senior Associate, IP Solicitor, London/Regional offices available
This is an interesting role for a qualified IP solicitor to join a specialist practice within a busy and successful corporate department of an international law firm. The team handles a healthy mix of contentious and non-contentious issues, working closely alongside the specialist litigation and employment teams for clients across a range of sectors. The firm benefits from being part of a larger legal network, allowing their professionals and clients access to an abundance of international knowledge.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising on the full range of IP rights, including trade marks and design, copyright, patents, and wider media related issues (false/misleading advertising, trade libel, comparative advertising and removal of material from third party websites, forums or social media)
- Representing clients in court proceedings, trade mark disputes, and handling negotiation agreements
- Managing the trade mark portfolio, including direct work for a large overseas client
- Developing contracts based on commercial research and development of industrial technology, licences of resulting new technology, and other licences and assignments of registered and unregistered IP rights
- Providing specialist IP advice on transactional matters arising from the wider corporate legal teams
- Guiding clients through the full IP lifecycle and building effective and long-standing relationships
- Participating in business development initiatives and marketing activities
Ideal candidates will have around two to six years’ PQE dealing with both contentious and non-contentious IP matters, have strong commercial awareness, and be available to work in the office around two days a week. The firm has offices in London, the North West and West Midlands – candidates have the opportunity to be based out of any location.