Experienced Senior Associate, IP Solicitor
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IP solicitor looking for a change of pace and join a practice that has recently gone through an exciting shake up. You will be looked to as an integral knowledge leader in the team, handling high profile and extremely high value caseloads for clients across a range of sectors including entertainment, food & drink, healthcare, film & TV, and household goods.
You will be given the freedom to manage your own practice. A few of the responsibilities you can expect are:
- Overseeing litigation and other IP related disputes (including advisory work; oppositions, infringement and cancellation proceedings before UKIPO, IPEC, High Court and Patents Court; managing all key aspects of the process; mediation; liaising with foreign counsel and coordinating multi-jurisdictional cases; anti-counterfeiting; and domain name disputes)
- Negotiating and drafting settlements and co-existence agreements
- Providing commercially sound advice tailored to IP clients
- Assisting with some non-IP contentious matters (consumer law etc.)
- Supervising and training junior members of the team
- Contributing to business development efforts for the Trade Marks team and firm as a whole
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years’ PQE and have extensive experience working with contentious soft IP litigation.