Commercial, Advice-Led Electronics/Engineering Patent Attorney
Salary: Market Leading
We are recruiting at part qualified or newly qualified level in both electronics and engineering for a firm that is genuinely different. Here are a few reasons why:
- The training is much broader than might be typical, including litigation, business development, coaching, legal economics, presentation skills and leadership
- They are demographically diverse - in the London office, for example, there are both more female Partners than men and more female fee-earners overall
- Whilst of course there will be patent drafting and prosecution there will also be significant exposure to oppositions, appeals, litigation support and IP strategy
- They have a very high volume of direct client work and many of these clients are internationally renowned blue-chip businesses. Their client roster is truly exemplary
- The London office is growing quickly, and they have regularly promoted people to Partner. Therefore, in the medium/long term career progression looks great
- The level of remuneration is market leading
There's a great deal of flexibility on candidate background, however you will be likely to be currently working for a private practice. You will have passed the Certificate in IP/Foundation level papers (and probably the pre-EQE) and be looking towards the UK finals and EQEs. Or, you may have qualified recently. From a technical standpoint the firm can accommodate candidates in electronics, software, telecommunications, engineering and physics.
This is a fantastic role, an environment that is likely to significantly contrast with wherever you are working now and a firm where you will have every opportunity to expedite your career progression.
For more information or to apply for this role please send an email to [email protected] or telephone +44 20 7903 5019.