High Court IP Solicitor
A European full-service IP firm has recently been enjoying substantial growth and as a result is in need of an experienced IP solicitor to continue their expansion and help service their already impressive client list. One area in particular the team is looking for support is their high value work before IPEC, High Court and the Patents Court, meaning previous experience in this area is an absolute must. This work however will not make up your every day-to-day. This can be adapted to reflect your current strengths and interests but responsibilities may include:
- Working with the Trade Marks team on trade mark, design and copyright cases
- Handling oppositions, dispute resolution, tribunal cases, cancellation proceedings etc.
- Liaising with overseas counsel and European colleagues to coordinate foreign proceedings
- Advising clients on licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, due diligence etc.
- Completing anti-counterfeiting work, including customs/trading standards
- Assisting clients with non-IP contentious matters
- Participating in business development activities for the firm
Ideal candidates will be a qualified solicitor with around 2-4 years’ PQE. Prior experience dealing with contentious soft IP litigation is essential.