Part/Fully Qualified Patent Attorneys, Engineering
Location: London, Oxford, Manchester, Birmingham
Part/Fully Qualified Patent Attorneys, Engineering, London, Oxford, Manchester and Birmingham
As a result of ongoing success and significant investment in their internal resources, leading top tier firm Dehns now has the capability to recruit engineering patent attorneys across their offices, in particular London and Oxford. The private practice has a whole host of high-profile clients, a varied and challenging caseload, and offers fantastic training and the opportunity for career progression.
The roles will best suit patent attorneys with an engineering (general, mechanical, or similar) background who are comfortable handling their own portfolio of direct client drafting, prosecution, and advisory work. Responsibilities will include:
- Original drafting and prosecution for clients across a range of specialist engineering fields, including physical sciences, photonics, mass spectrometry, optics, electronics, AI, software, aviation, civil engineering, marine engineering, medical devices, construction, sanitary products, domestic appliances, and micro and nano-engineering
- Working closely with clients including private inventors, R&D, and large multinational corporations, on the full IP lifecycle
- Ongoing portfolio management, future proofing and ensuring the clients’ IP reaches its maximum potential
- Competitor intelligence, oppositions and handling any other contentious issues that might arise
- Commercial and strategic advisory work, and liaising with outside counsel, clients and colleagues across the multiple office locations
There is flexibility on the level of candidate and those from part qualified up will be considered. Dehns has a friendly and down to earth culture, and a flexible working policy to suit most circumstances. The firm helps their attorneys succeed in part by encouraging an open dialogue such that novel ideas are promoted and areas for improvement are actioned.
For more information or to apply, please contact us on +44 207 903 5019 or email [email protected].